BARGAIN hunters looking to save money on music, theatre, cinema, art, exhibitions and more, can take advantage of a 24-hour flash sale from 10am on September 8.
Flash sales are a regular feature in retail and for online companies, but relatively rare in the arts. It’s the fifth time the city’s cultural venues have come together.
The music venue St George’s Bristol, independent cinema Watershed, Bristol Old Vic theatre, M Shed museum, arts centre Spike Island and Encounters Short Film and Animation Festival and public art producers Situations, are all involved.
Arts organisations are promoting the flash sale through Twitter feeds using the hashtag #flashtag, and on websites, as well as though local media.
The September flash sale is a great way for Bristolians to try out new experiences and venues. And visitors to the city can make their money go a little further and discover more of Bristol’s cultural highlights with a short break.
Flash sale highlights include:
- St George’s offering 25% off tickets* for 15 performances including classical, a threatrecital, world music, folk, jazz and family fun;
- 25% off full-price tickets to five Encounters Festival events including Don Letts and Sci Fi Shorts;
- M Shed with half-price tickets to The Story of Children’s Television exhibition;
- 30% off The Rivals, The Grinning Man and The Snow Queen at Bristol Old Vic;
- Watershed is offering 25% discounts to September’s best independent films – including Captain Fantastic, The Clan, and The Blue Room;
- £3 tickets to Novel Writers events at Spike Island – a chance to discover new writing talent and great books in partnership with Bristol Festival of Ideas – plus tickets at just £2 for artist film screenings in partnership with ICA London;
- Situations are offering a number of discounts on inspiring books, available via their online shop.
- Great discounts on tickets for shows from the Aug-Dec 2016 season at Tobacco Factory Theatres, including Caryl Churchill’s Blue Heart and Conor McPherson’s The Weir. Plus 25% off rehearsal space and room hire;
- Want to create a performance for your pet? Join a fun, informative Workshop for Humans – Bristol Biennial 2016: In Other Worlds 9 September 2016, 2-3pm £3 (FREE with #FLASHTAG sale)
People are being urged to check websites for full details, including booking information, plus terms and conditions, and also search on Twitter for #flashtag.
Michael Beek, Content and Engagement Manager for St George’s Bristol, commented: “This flash sale offers the ideal opportunity to discover Bristol’s arts and culture scene.”
He explained: “At St George’s we have 25% off 25 tickets for 15 concerts. Highlights include Trilogy, violinists whose Pulp Fiction video recently went viral, and Aurora Orchestra performing with actors Samuel West and Katherine Parkinson for ‘Kreutzer vs Kreutzer’.
The Flash Sale at St George’s
From 10am on Thursday 8 September you can get 25% off of tickets for the following events. 25 tickets are available for each event, so grab a bargain while you can…
Thurs 8 Sept Trilogy
Tues 20 Sept Richard Boothby ‘Telemann’s Fantasies’
Tues 27 Sept Brodsky Quartet ‘Grand Fugues’
Thurs 29 Sept Sam Lee
Sun 2 Oct Aurora Orchestra ‘Kreutzer vs Kreutzer’
Weds 12 Oct Heidi Talbot
Thurs 20 Oct Tim Garland
Sun 23 Oct Lucy Parham & Henry Goodman
Tues 25 Oct Wild Words ‘Glorious Greeks’
Sun 30 Oct Jyotsna Srikanth & Bollywood Brass Band
Wed 9 Nov Spiritato ‘Guts and Glory’
Thurs 10 Nov Megson
Tues 15 Nov Phronesis
Fri 25 Nov Fitkin Band ‘Wing’ (World Premiere)