It’s a Classical Bristol Christmas!
There’s nothing quite like the magic of Christmas. With the lights twinkling in the streets, the Broadmead market welcoming holiday shoppers, and hot chocolate, mulled wine and mince pies all around, it’s starting to feel like Christmas is just around the corner. And, along with the ice rinks, late night shopping and city festivities, Bristol has a huge range of Christmas concerts lined up ready to warm your soul – and to give you shelter from those cold winter evenings!
For all the family
Christmas is about spending time with your loved ones, and there’s no better way to do it than by singing along to your favourite songs and carols! Head over to St George’s Bristol for Christmas Spectaculars, a Festive Fiesta and their Children’s Christmas Carnival – don’t miss out on a moment of singing and dancing, and bring along your best Christmas jumper and some reindeer ears for a truly festive experience. St Mary Redcliffe is hosting Christmas with the Salvation Army, where you can sing along to your carols and soak up the holiday spirit – and help out those in need while you’re at it.
For something truly special, Colston Hall is hosting two screenings of everyone’s go-to festive film Love Actually – accompanied by the Welsh National Opera orchestra! There’s also a Paddington and The Snowman concert – your kids will love the classic animation, the live orchestra, and all the surprises Paddington has in store!
This Christmas the talent of our young Bristolians goes on show in all its splendor. Celebrate with the Bristol Plays Music concert, joining children from across the city in singing your best-loved festive songs. Experience children from 16 schools coming together with all the joys of the holiday season with the North Somerset Schools Christmas Extravaganza – and make sure to catch the Kings Oak Academy concert where you can watch the little ones singing their hearts out with the city’s primary schools in full force. The Bristol Cathedral Choir School will also be showcasing their musical talent with everything from hymns to gospel songs!
If you’re looking for a more contemplative evening, look no further. The exquisite voices of the Bristol Bach Choir raised in Christmas harmony are not to be missed, and the Bristol Ensemble’s Baroque Christmas will sweep you away with its warm, contemplative sound. For a classic holiday concert St George’s Bristol is the place to be with its performance of Handel’s Messiah – or take a leap with Holst, Vaughn Williams and Britten for a 20th century Christmas with the Bristol Choral Society.
Make sure this Christmas is full of love, laughter, music and song. The spirit of the festive season is most alive in the concert hall, so take the leap and spend your time making memories that will last forever. We’ll see you soon!
- Love Actually with Live Orchestra at Colston Hall, Sat 2nd Dec 7:30pm
- Royal Marine Band’s Christmas at Colston Hall, Sun 3rd Dec 14:30pm
- North Somerset Schools Christmas Extravaganza at Colston Hall, Tue 5th Dec 7:30pm
- Bristol Cathedral Choir School Christmas Concert at Colston Hall, Wed 6th Dec 7pm
- Kings Oak Academy Christmas Concert at Colston Hall, Thurs 7th Dec 6:30pm
- Love Actually with Live Orchestra (second release) at Colston Hall, Sat 12th Dec 7:30pm
- Bristol Plays Music Christmas Concert at St George’s Bristol, Wed 9th Dec 1:30pm & 7:30pm
- Handel’s Messiah at St George’s Bristol, Wed 13th Dec 7:30pm
- Christmas with the Salvation Army at St Mary Redcliffe Church, Sat 16th Dec 7pm
- Bristol Bach Choir – Spirit of Christmas at St George’s Bristol, Sat 16th Dec 7:30pm
- Bristol Choral Society and Bristol Ensemble at Colston Hall, Sat 16th Dec 7:30pm
- Paddington and the Snowman Live at Colston Hall, Sun 17th Dec 3pm
- Christmas Spectacular at St George’s Bristol, 20th & 21st Dec 7:30pm
- Festive Fiesta at St George’s Bristol, 22nd Dec 7:30pm
- Children’s Christmas Carnival at St George’s Bristol, Sat 23rd Dec 2pm & 4pm
- A Baroque Christmas at St George’s Bristol, Sat 23rd Dec 7.45pm
If you’d like to sign up to receive monthly updates about Classical concerts at St George’s Bristol, The Lantern and Colston Hall, click here to subscribe