Building a Sound Future: A New St George’s
In Spring 2018, St George’s reopens after an ambitious project to create a contemporary building designed to complement our historic and much-loved Grade II* concert hall. This £6.3 million project includes new cafe, bar and performance spaces and renovated exhibition spaces, creating a world-class performance venue and transforming the St George’s experience for our audiences and artists.
New facilities include:
- An architect-designed cafe and bar open though out the daytime
- New box office facilities and flexible multi-purpose spaces
- Fully accessible entrances to the hall for the first time
- Improved backstage facilities for artists and performers
- New workshop, education and exhibition spaces
- Improved cloakroom and bathroom facilities
- Restoration of the 19th century gardens
We are indebted to the hundreds of individual donors who have helped to make our ambitions a reality. Thank you.
We are especially grateful to the following Charitable Trusts and Foundations who have joined Arts Council England, the Heritage Lottery Fund and Bristol City Council in making generous commitments to our project.