Building A Sound Future
Building a Sound Future secures St George’s future as a world class performance venue, preserving, extending and enhancing our central Bristol home and transforming the visitor experience.
A key feature of the development is a bold new extension which is now under construction, designed by award winning architects Patel Taylor.
KEY FEATURES OF THE PLANS INCLUDE:
- Creating new and inviting entrances
- Enabling full and unhindered access to the hall for the first time
- A strikingly-designed new garden facing cafe/bar
- New foyer, box office and flexible multi-purpose spaces
- Improved backstage facilities for artists and staff
- New workshop and education spaces
- New gallery space for permanent and visiting exhibitions
- Greatly improved cloakroom and toilet provision
- Restoration and opening up of the 19th century gardens
With over £6.2M (98%) of the total budget now secured, the main construction programme is now underway with our main contractor Midas Group on site. We are now into an extended summer closure period until the end of September to allow essential reconfiguration works to the crypt to go ahead as well as construction works on the new extension. We will reopen for an Autumn season from October to end December. A second closure period, from January – February 2018 will see the works completed ahead of a grand reopening series of events from late February into early March 2018.
Fundraising continues with the final 8 (of 100) Apollo roundels available to acknowledge individual donations of £5,000 and corporate donations of £7,500. Our crowdfund campaign also remains live with donations at any level welcome. For further information about any aspect of the appeal and details of how to make a donation to help secure our final target please contact:
Simon Farley: email@example.com / 0117 929 4929 Ext. 205
We are especially grateful to the following Charitable Trusts and Foundations who have joined Arts Council England, the Heritage Lottery Fund and Bristol City Council in making generous commitments to our Building a Sound Future appeal.