The Tom Eveson Bursary
We are really pleased to be able to offer this bursary fund! It’s open to any young musician aged up to and including 25 (as of 31 Dec 2021) who is finding it challenging to progress musically because of the costs involved. The bursary is for a sum of £1,000, plus the young musician awarded the bursary will have the option of performing in a special Young Artists Showcase concert here at St George’s on 8 March 2022.
Here is the criteria for applying:
1. The Tom Eveson Bursary Fund exists to support the development of young musicians within the City and County of Bristol, Bath and North East Somerset, North Somerset or South Gloucestershire, whose opportunities are limited due to financial hardship. Grants will be given to help further musical learning.
2. It is possible to apply on behalf of another individual, or to apply for yourself.
3. Applicants must have an address in one of the above areas at the time of application – for those studying away from home, a parent or carer’s address will be acceptable.
4. Applicants must be able to demonstrate financial hardship – in the case of those at school, this refers to the financial situation of parents/carers; in the case of those beyond school age and living independently (e.g. student, young adult), this refers to the applicant’s own financial situation.
5. The Trustees will award a sum of £1,000 as the ‘Tom Eveson Bursary Award’.
6. Applications will be considered for/from young musicians aged up to and including 25 years old as of 31 December 2021. Judging criteria will take into consideration financial details, plus the musical potential and commitment of the candidate.
7. Applications open on 6 November 2021. Completed applications must be received by 5pm on Monday 13 December 2021 to be eligible for consideration. Completed applications should be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org.