Please click here for full information on closures and cancellations due to Covid-19.
Tickets can be reserved without payment in person or over the phone and can be held for three working days. If you have not called back to pay for your tickets within this time frame then the tickets will be released for sale.
Conditions of Sale
- Tickets are not transferable.
- Please see below for our refunds policy.
- St George’s accepts no responsibility for any loss due to cancellation of / change to events. For those events affected by covid-19, please see our FAQs (linked below) for up to date information regarding event changes and cancellations.
- It is the ticketholder’s responsibility to check for any age restrictions before purchase.
Regrettably, as with most arts venues, we are only able to offer refunds on tickets for performances which are sold out and only when we are guaranteed to resell them. Refunds for sold out shows can only be undertaken up to 48 hours before an event and we will ask that you present the tickets in question in order to process the refund.
If a show you have booked tickets for is cancelled, you will be entitled to a full refund of the face value of the ticket, or we can credit your St George’s Bristol account with the face value of the ticket. Any booking fees incurred whilst purchasing tickets are non-refundable.
St George’s Bristol reserves the right to introduce special offers and discounts at any time, and these cannot be applied to tickets already purchased.
St George’s Bristol reserves the right to:
- Make changes to the advertised programme.
- Provide alternative seats (in exceptional circumstances).
- Search bags / clothing and confiscate items which may cause danger or disruption (bags larger than a medium-sized rucksack are not permitted).
- Refuse admission.
- Admit latecomers at the first suitable break (at the steward’s discretion).
- Produce film, photography or sound recordings which may include audience members. Please advise the photographer or steward if you don’t want to be photographed or filmed. Please note audience members can’t take photographs, video or audio recordings, unless otherwise stated in publicity / pre-concert emails.
St George’s Bristol and data protection
Please view our full Privacy Notice here.
Coronavirus (COVID-19) FAQs
For information regarding bookings please see our FAQs HERE