Guidance for parents and carers wishing to bring babies, children and young people to events at St George’s Bristol
St George’s Bristol is for everyone. Our age suitability guidance is based on the content and nature of each individual performance and is made considering the best interests of all our audiences. Look for the age guidance on each event entry on our website. It is the responsibility of parents and carers to check age suitability when booking, please visit the specific event on our website www.stgeorgesbristol.co.uk or feel free to contact us for advice on 0845 40 24 001 or email@example.com.
Our over-arching guidance is that:
- Children aged 3 years and under are welcome to attend daytime family concerts, particularly Mini Beats, but not lunchtime concerts or evening concerts unless otherwise stated.
- Children aged 4 – 7 years are welcome to attend daytime family concerts and other child-friendly concerts, but not generally evening performances or lunchtime concerts unless otherwise stated.
- Children and young people aged 8 years and over are welcome to attend family concerts and other child-friendly concerts, and are also generally admissible to evening concerts but please do check the aged guidance as some events may differ.
- Children under 18 months are welcome to attend suitable family performances free of charge, but ALL attendees, including babes in arms, must be issued with a ticket. Please request baby tickets at the box office on arrival.
- All children under 16 remain the responsibility of their parents, carers or supervisors whilst at the venue.
- School groups attending public concerts must have a minimum ratio of one adult to ten children with at least two adults accompanying any group of children even if the group number is below ten.
Our Management Team reserves the right to ask parents/supervisors to take their children out of the auditorium if, in our opinion, they are causing a disturbance to other audience members.
Thank you for your understanding and co-operation.