Featuring the Villiers Quartet
Watch this 2 minute intro clip:
Award-winning composer, record producer and tabla player Kuljit Bhamra teams up with drummer Davide Giovannini and the acclaimed Villiers Quartet to present captivating and seductive soundscapes that will take you on a powerful journey.
Percussion and strings combine beautifully with Bhamra’s unique multi-tabla set to create percussion-led grooves and poly-rhythms – creating a distinctive and evocative sound world that is sometimes energetic and sometimes delicately melancholic.
Best known as one of the pioneers of the British bhangra sound, Kuljit Bhamra (MBE) is a prolific composer, musician and record producer. His creative output is prodigious and straddles as many continents as genres. He has produced and played with a who’s who of artists from Andy Sheppard to Ringo Starr, The Sugarbabes to Enrique Iglesias. He also writes for film and theatre, with credits including Bhaji on the Beach and Bend it Like Beckham. He is the recipient of many awards including a platinum disc for outstanding record sales presented by John Peel, who was a big fan of his music.
Davide Giovannini is an incredibly versatile and talented drummer, percussionist and singer who has worked with icons across many different genres, including Bjork, Paul McCartney and the Pet Shop Boys, classical music artists such as James Galway and Vanessa Mae, and many of the greats of AfroCuban music, Brazilian music and jazz.
The concert will also feature the Villiers Quartet, one of the most charismatic and “adventurous” quartets of the European chamber music scene (The Strad). The Villiers Quartet has developed an international reputation for its performances of British music. Winner of the 2015 Radcliffe Chamber Music Competition, the Villiers Quartet holds the position of Quartet-in-Residence at Oxford University’s Faculty of Music.
Presented in association with Asian Arts Agency
With Asian Arts Agency, we are delighted to be able to offer 2-for-1 tickets to see Kuljut Bhamra & Davide Giovannini, as part of the National Lottery #ThanksToYou campaign from Saturday 23 November – Sunday 1 December.
Terms & Conditions
1) One National Lottery Ticket enables the holder to make one booking at the 2-for-1 offer rate, i.e. purchasing 2 tickets for the price of 1.
2) All National Lottery games qualify for the offer, including tickets from any National Lottery draw based game or National Lottery Scratchcard. Proof of purchase of a National Lottery game can be either hard copy ticket or digital.
3) Booking must be done in person at our box office and bookers must show proof of National Lottery ticket
3) The offer is valid from Saturday 23rd November to Sunday 1st December – the duration of the #ThanksToYou campaign.
4) The concert takes place on Saturday 22nd February 2020.
5) We reserve the right to cap the amount of tickets available as part of this offer. The offer is available on a first come first served basis.
Why not pre-order a sharing platter or soup to enjoy ahead of the concert?
Bookable here or via the link above with your tickets, up to 48 hours ahead of the event.
With soup, bar snacks and ice cream available to order on the night.